Run a Clothing Drive
follow link Clothes That Work is able to serve hundreds of local job seekers each year thanks to the generous donations of clothing we receive from people throughout the Dayton region. Running a clothing drive is an easy way to show your community support and foster a feeling of positive teamwork in your workplace or organization. Just follow these simple steps to get things up and running today!
- Call our office at 937.222.3778. Let us know that you are interested in running a drive and which dates you would like the drive to run.
- Secure the tools you need to run a successful clothing drive. The team at Clothes That Work will provide you with materials and literature to assist your efforts, which may include:
• Logos and Graphics
• Fact sheets about Clothes That Work
• Donation barrels and/or clothing racks
• Donation guides
• Donation receipts
- Create a dedicated donation zone to collect items. We recommend this be in a high-traffic area to serve as a visible reminder that the clothing drive will be running and/or is in process.
- Promote your clothing drive! Let your friends, colleagues, and/or coworkers know about Clothes That Work, the services we provide, and when they should bring in their new and/or gently used interview appropriate clothing.
- Run the drive! Be certain to share photos of items collected with your teammates and on social media.
- When the drive completes, share the results with your organization. Our team will be happy to assist you with any verbiage you may need to let your donors know the value of the donations they have provided.
- Deliver items to Clothes That Work during normal business hours. You do not need to wait until the end of your drive to deliver items. If you
- Deliver any extra materials (barrels, donation guides, etc.) to Clothes That Work after your campaign has ended.
- Clothes That Work will promote your goodwill and activities to more than 2,000 regular visitors to their website and social media presence!
- Plan for future drives! We are always in need of quality items for our local job seekers!