SUPPORT CLOTHES THAT WORK
At Clothes That Work, we help build new starts. Proper interview attire can be THE barrier to getting work for some job seekers. A new outfit changes perspectives, builds confidence and creates possibilities for our clients.
Your financial support will forever change someone’s future. Monthly donations ensure we can continue to offer our array of programs and services to job seekers looking to change their future. Choose the monthly donation frequency when you make your gift or give what you can.
Clothes That Work is currently accepting clothing donations by appointment only. We ask that you schedule a time to drop off your items.
We rely on the generous donations of others to provide interview and workplace appropriate attire for our clients. We accept donations for a wide variety of sizes and industries, but we request that the items:
- Be in great condition
- Be appropriate for the workplace
- Be less than five years old
Please do not bring us any items that are ripped, torn, or stained, as we cannot give these to our clients. Avoid prominent logos, as many companies will not let their employees wear these items. Additionally, we cannot use concert tee shirts, pajamas, bathrobes, and housewares.
If you have questions, call us at 937.222.3778!
We appreciate your generous spirit and gifts of clothing to help local job seekers.
If you are unable to drop off clothing at our main location, Clothes that Work has satellite locations.
Please click on the sites on the map to find your nearest drop-off location.
Donate your time
Clothes That Work has helped over 30,000 clients since opening their doors in 1998 and we couldn’t do what we do without the dedication and support of our volunteers.
Interested in becoming a volunteer for Clothes That Work? See available positions below with their descriptions and contact us today!
Do you love building someone’s confidence? Assist our clients with interview or work attire selection and provide guidance and coaching on interview soft skills to set them up for success. Generally Monday – Friday 10 am – 2 pm, some 2nd Saturdays 9 am – noon. 3 – 4 hour shifts.
Do you enjoy teaching others how to have confidence? One way to help area job seekers and the up and coming workforce is by facilitating our fun, yet informative classes and workshops. Combine your professional experience with our research-based curriculum to engage participants in group discussions and hands-on activities. All training and materials are provided. Generally Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm with occasional weekends.
Help where it all begins! Greet and assist clothing donors, expediting clothing from vehicles. Some lifting may be required. Sort and select items that represent the best quality for clients and customers. Generally Monday – Friday 10 am – 4 pm, 2nd Saturdays 9 – noon. 4 -5 hour shifts.
Have a hidden penchant for fashion? Assist customers with selections; close the sale and package items. Replenish stock and freshen displays. Generally Monday – Thursday 10 am – 5 pm, Friday 10 am – 3 pm, 2nd Saturdays 9 am – noon. 3 – 4 hour shifts. Some evenings for parties 5 pm – 7 pm.
Like to plan, organize and participate in a team? Work with special event committees to plan, develop and implement activities that will further the mission of Clothes That Work.
Plan your own donation drive
Clothes That Work is able to serve hundreds of local job seekers each year thanks to the generous donations of clothing we receive from people throughout the Dayton region. Running a clothing drive is an easy way to show your community support and foster a feeling of positive teamwork in your workplace or organization. Just follow these simple steps to get things up and running today!
1. Call our office at 937.222.3778. Let us know that you are interested in running a drive and which dates you would like the drive to run.
2. Secure the tools you need to run a successful clothing drive. The team at Clothes That Work will provide you with materials and literature to assist your efforts, which may include:
– Logos and Graphics
– Fact sheets about Clothes That Work
– Donation barrels and/or clothing racks
– Donation guides
– Donation receipts
3. Create a dedicated donation zone to collect items. We recommend this be in a high-traffic area to serve as a visible reminder that the clothing drive will be running and/or is in process.
4. Promote your clothing drive! Let your friends, colleagues, and/or coworkers know about Clothes That Work, the services we provide, and when they should bring in their new and/or gently used interview appropriate clothing.
5. Run the drive! Be certain to share photos of items collected with your teammates and on social media.
6. When the drive completes, share the results with your organization. Our team will be happy to assist you with any verbiage you may need to let your donors know the value of the donations they have provided.
7. Deliver items to Clothes That Work during normal business hours. You do not need to wait until the end of your drive to deliver items.
8. Deliver any extra materials (barrels, donation guides, etc.) to Clothes That Work after your campaign has ended.
9. Clothes That Work will promote your goodwill and activities to more than 2,000 regular visitors to their website and social media presence!
10. Plan for future drives! We are always in need of quality items for our local job seekers!
Workforce Education Initiative
Change someone’s life by leading them to personal growth and employment success through the Workforce Development Initiative Program. Leading a successful workshop can have a profound impact on participants creating a new life that could lead to generations of change. You can be part of it.
Join our team of professional workshop facilitators!
We are always looking for passionate individuals to facilitate workshops for our education program.
Combine your professional experience with our research-based curriculum to engage participants in group discussions and fun hands-on activities. All training and materials are provided and usually can be completed in a couple short training sessions.
If you would like more information on how you can get involved and volunteer with our education program, please contact our Director of Education and Outreach at 937.222.3778 x160 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan A Shopping Party!
Host a private Shopping Party for your friends, organization or club. Spend time together socializing & shopping some of our great retail labels and supporting our mission of providing interview appropriate clothing for under-resourced clients.
For questions contact Suzy Harris, Director of Operations at 937.222.3778 x170.