Clothing & Coaching Program
A great, professional outfit can set you apart from the crowd when you are applying for a job. Our Clothing and Coaching Program is designed to give job seekers the wardrobe they need to be successful in the interview and the advice they need to create a positive, lasting impression. A trained client coach will take you through the entire process, helping you select the best clothes for the job and offering guidance on ways to succeed in the interview.
We have two ways in which you can receive services through this program:
- Get a referral from our network of Referral Partners.
- Once you receive a referral form, call our office at 937.222.3778 to schedule your personal appointment.
- Give yourself extra time to find a place to park at the Job Center so you will not be late!
- During your visit to Clothes That Work, you will be provided with a complete outfit at no cost to you, including shoes and accessories, and these clothes are yours to keep.
- After you get the job, please call us again for a follow-up appointment, and we will be happy to provide you with an additional 3-4 workplace outfits to fill out your business wardrobe – again, at no cost to you.
- Call our office at 937.222.3778 to schedule your personal appointment. Please let our staff know that you will be paying for a singular outfit.
- Again, give yourself extra time to find a place to park at the Job Center so you will not be late!
- You will be charged $40 for one interview or workplace-appropriate outfit, complete with shoes and accessories.
- You will receive a one-hour appointment with one of our trained client coaches who will help you select a complete outfit for you to keep.
The Clothes That Work education program includes a series of classes and workshops designed to equip both job seekers and newly employed with the knowledge and skills that lead to personal growth and employment success. Our research-based curriculum was skillfully created by a team of area professionals who specialize in workforce development and education.
Since 2017, we’ve offered more than 250 workshops to more than 3,800 individuals!
Each workshop engages participants in fun hands-on activities and group discussions to build confidence and professional demeanor. Workshop topics include; making a positive first impression, proper professional attire, effective communication techniques, on the job conflict resolution, and how to build professional relationships.
FREE Workshop Series in JUNE
We are offering FREE virtual Lunch-N-Learn workshops in JUNE!
Tuesdays 12:00pm -1:00pm
A strong resume is essential in today’s job market. Transform your resume into a powerful tool that will get you interviews. Learn the secrets on how to effectively market yourself and catch the attention of hiring managers with a resume that stands out from the rest.
Clear and effective communication in the workplace is a critical skill yet can be hard to master. Improve your communication IQ by exploring communication personalities, the communication process, conversation key ingredients, and how all these affect your success on the job.
The Workforce Education Initiative is made possible thanks to the generous support of the
Standard interview rules still apply but with the added complexity of trying to make a genuine connection with a hiring manager through your computer screen. Learn how to shine on your next Zoom-interview, enhance your overall online presence, and avoid making mistakes that can cost you the job
Ever have a coworker who was hard to work with? Wonder why that person behaves that way? We show you how to function as a part of a team, handle conflict, and how to gain the respect of your coworkers and managers.
100% of the proceeds from the Boutique go right back to the primary mission of our organization: building self-confidence by providing interview and work appropriate clothing and related training to job seekers striving for self-reliance. Funds from the Boutique allow Clothes That Work to purchase needed items such as women’s and men’s underwear, socks and shoes, as well as sizes that we may not have on hand.
The Clothes That Work Boutique is an upscale resale shop open to the public featuring high quality clothing from many top designers and retailers. When donated clothing is too colorful, too dressy, or not appropriate for interview or work situations, we sell this clothing in our Boutique.
Did you know that we create pop-up Boutiques all year long across the community? Sign up below to hear about our pop-up Boutique events!
When Clothes That Work receives donated items from high-end designer labels that would be inappropriate for our clients to wear to an interview, we sell them in the Luxe Boutique, hosted on eBay. This online store gives us the ability to reach a global marketplace and provide our customers with quality, name-brand items at a discounted rate, all while supporting the mission and programs of Clothes That Work.